Thursday, October 26, 2006

My New Novel: Blessed Trinity

I've been hinting around about it for some time. Saying I was going to give more information about what I've been up to. Well, here's one of the things I've been busy doing. I hadn't wanted to talk about it much just yet. Mostly, because I was too busy to give a post here the justice it would deserve. I love writing in my journals at home, and I enjoy posting things here. I have been so busy this past year, I've not gotten to do either that much. Besides, it can work against a person to talk about things too soon. Only because it makes the wait seem that much longer.

I'm writing a trilogy which is being called: The Blessed Trinitiy Trilogy. Blessed Trinity is the first novel in this three-part series which actually continues the saga that began with Promises Beyond Jordan and was followed up by Wings of Grace. Now for all of you who have either been with me from the beginning or you read it after you finished my other book(s), you know this actually began with a book I published under my own company called The Rose of Jericho. I'm not downplaying that book. In fact, I often think of it as the author's notes if you really want to know the characters true beginnings and story. The Rose of Jericho is a book I enjoyed writing and if it had not been for that book, there never would have been a Promises Beyond Jordan or a Wings of Grace. It's probably safe to say, there definitely would not be the trilogy that is due to begin hitting stores, libraries, and readers' homes around May 1, 2007. I owe much to The Rose of Jericho as that book introduced me to some of the most wonderful and fascinating people of my imagination (for all who believe the characters are really real, please disregard that last statement ;-).

In November of 2006, I was asked by this editor if I would speak with her regarding my possibly publishing with them. To be honest with you, I really wasn't even looking for a publisher at the time. I did speak with the editor, and (I'm trying not to tell everything here) I went back to what I was working on. A little after I hung up the phone, the Lord spoke to me. He told me to send her a proposal I had already written for a book I had in my spirit to write. God and I had our usual discussion, when as always, I lost the argument. As per His instructions, I sent the proposal over to her. He then reminded me I had written the first chapter of this book I had entitled: Blessed Trinity. As I looked in my file to retrieve chapter one, I recalled another book God had given me in July 2004 (He had awaken me at 4 a.m. and told me He wanted me to write this particular book, how He wanted me to write it, and the title). I had written all of this down and had written the first chapter of that book as well. I sent all of these things to her about an hour later.

Now, if any of you have read Wings of Grace, you're likely aware there are some questions that need to be answered from that book. When I sent the two chapters from the two books to this editor, I also mentioned in my email that I had a third book answering questions from Wings of Grace. From all of this, came a three-book offer, and what would be released in 2007 as a trilogy. This was agreed upon in January of this year. The catch was: I had to completely write all three of these books within this year. From what I've been told, the plan is to release them within months of each other. That's a good thing for those of you who don't care to wait as long from my next release. I say this with caution now, because things have changed a lot with my publisher/editors over these last few months.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the editor who can be credited for "coming and getting me" is no longer with this particular publishing company. I truly enjoyed her, and I thank her for more than she'll ever know.

People have told me they can't wait to read an excerpt from Blessed Trinity. I promise you, that will come shortly. I really hadn't planned on putting the cover up yet here or on my Web site, but I saw where the book is already listed with Amazon.com for pre-ordering. One of the reasons I didn't want to show anyone the cover just yet was because I really LOVE this cover. I think everybody who had anything to do with it, did a fantastic job portraying what the book is about. But I did feel it would be cruel to show the cover and anyone wanting it having to wait so long before you can get your hands on it. That's one of the reasons why I haven't placed what's on the back of book anywhere as yet (it's really good, too!).

I'm excited about what is to come. I can't wait to share it with those of you who have been waiting for a while for a new book from me. I do enjoy hearing from you, and I'm sure once this book hits, we'll have something to really talk about as with my past books. In the meantime, if you know anyone who hasn't heard about or read my other books, I would appreciate it if you get them onboard. When this train pulls out of the station beginning in May of 2007, we want to take as many people along for the ride with us as we possibly can.

I hope you enjoy the cover. And please stay tuned...I'll be updating my Web site and here fairly soon with more information regarding what you have to look forward to in: Blessed Trinity.

Until next time...
Vanessa Davis Griggs
http://www.VanessaDavisGriggs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home