Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Keep your head up!

When I was younger, there was a song by Earth, Wind & Fire called "Keep Your Head to the Sky." I liked that song (okay, so I like Earth, Wind & Fire, period!) because it encourages you to keep your head up, or to look toward the hills from whence cometh your help. I spoke two weeks ago to a Tuesday morning church group and in summary I told them, "There are times when you just have to encourage yourself."

That's what I want to say here, right now, to anyone who might be reading this. You may not always have someone to tell you how great you are or that you're doing a great job. But like David did in many of the Psalms in the Bible, speak to your spirit with song and words of encouragement. Tell yourself when your head is drawn to hang down, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help." Oh, and lest you forget, you might have to remind yourself that "My help cometh from the Lord!" Tell yourself, "My steps are ordered by the Lord" when you're not sure about the next step to make (or take for that matter). Find the right words, and when or if no one else does it, encourage yourself when you have to!

Until next time...
Vanessa Davis Griggs
Author of: Promises Beyond Jordan and Wings of Grace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home